Asked by K | May. 31, 2011 00:58
About:Chinese Embassy in South Korea

How do I get a visa to study in Hong Kong at the embassy in Seoul?

I am a British Citizen, currently spending one year in Korea as an EPIK english teacher. My alien registration card will expire March 2012 next year. I would like to apply for a visa to study in Hong Kong after March 2012. Is it possible to do this at the embassy in Seoul?

I read that my ID card needs to be valid for another 6 months when I apply for the visa. Is this correct? This would mean I would have to apply for a Hong Kong visa in September 2011 in order to go Hong Kong in March 2012.

Can you please confirm the procedures for a British National to apply for a Hong Kong visa in Korea.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jacob from China | Jun. 01, 2011 23:12
It's true that your alien registration card should have at least 6 months remaining validity when you apply for Hong Kong visa, however, you can't apply Hong Kong student visa in September because a single entry Hong Kong student visa is only valid for 3 months, it expires when you go to Hong Kong in March 2012.

Nationals of United Kingdom are exempt from a visa to Hong Kong for 180 days. You can first go to Hong Kong, then apply Hong Kong student visa through Immigration Department of Hong Kong Government.
Related Questions:
About Hong Kong Visa
Asked by Engida E from Ethiopia
| Dec. 16, 2011 01:20
Student Visa for Afghans
Asked by Zabihullah from Afghanistan
| Sep. 17, 2012 04:05
hi, im a student i need do study in hk, how can i get a student visa?
Asked by rumesh from Sri Lanka
| Jun. 09, 2014 04:20
How I Apply for Study Visa for Hong Kong?
Asked by Hussain from Pakistan
| Jan. 01, 2018 21:23
hongkong visa for Vietnamese citizen in Seoul
Asked by Kim from Vietnam
| Feb. 28, 2015 20:55
I wanted to study in Hong Kong about a year and bring my son and my mother ...
Asked by Mrs.Oei from Malaysian
| Dec. 22, 2010 20:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)