Asked by Mr.RICARDOVERDI from Ireland | May. 10, 2011 15:15
About:China Embasy in Ireland

please give information about Visas


My wife and I are interested in travelling to China together and teaching English there for about 6 months, but possibly for 7 or 8 months, from August 2011. Is it best to apply for a 6 month visa and then, if we decide to try to stay longer, to apply locally for an extension visa, or should we apply for a longer visa at the start, just in case? If we want to work as English teachers in China do we need to get a special working visa?

We both have UK passports but have lived in the republic of Ireland for 30 years. Can we apply for a visa from your embassy in Dublin? What documents would you require please? We don't have any special forms such as a work permit authorizing us to work here, as they are not required.

On some of the forms I think I read that we must buy return flights before we can obtain our visas. How would this work if we wish to return by train via Moscow? Can we buy a single flight to get to China and then later buy our train ticket in China for the return journey?

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | May. 12, 2011 02:53
if you want to work in China for 6 months, you should apply for work visa to China, however, you don't have the Alien Work Permit issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, so you can't obtain a work visa.

You can try to apply for a single entry Business Visa with 180 days stay duration, however, the original version of invitation letter or fax from an authorized Chinese Government Department, such as Foreign Affairs Office, is required. The school in China has to get this kind of invitation letter from local Foreign Affairs Office, then send it and the invitation letter stamped by the school to you

The two-way flight details is required for business visa application. You can try to submit one way flight ticket. the final decision is up to visa officer.

Once you get a Business Visa to China, you can apply for visa extension one week before its expiry date at the local Exit-Entry Administrative Bureau if you want to stay longer in China.
Related Questions:
is there scuba diving in Qingdao city? if not, then where we can find in ch...
Asked by shahzad from Pakistan
| Sep. 26, 2014 01:14
Are there buses that run from Dujiangyan to Leshan Giant Buddha?
Asked by Henry Ho from Indonesia
| Mar. 07, 2017 00:01
My son was born on 8/15/07 could you give me some guidance on how to help h...
Asked by Carlie Ross from USA
| Aug. 30, 2014 01:30
Give me please information about the transport from Guilin to Huaihua (tr...
Asked by Jan from Poland
| Aug. 01, 2012 20:32
Recently there have been a lot of complains about FAKE ecuadorian VISAS to ...
Asked by Mrs.Sarah from Iran
| Sep. 15, 2009 21:14
We will go travel from Guang Zhou to Wuhan and from Wuhan to Nanjing. Pleas...
Asked by wibisono from Indonesia
| Mar. 10, 2010 00:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)