Asked by Ms.MARISSA99 from United Kingdom | Mar. 10, 2011 06:19
About:Marriage Registration in China

Hi All,

I'm a Chinese living in the United Kingdom under tier 1 post-study work visa. My visa will expire in 2012 February, so my boyfriend (French but also works in the UK) and I are planning to get married soon.

My concern is in which country we should register our marriage - China, UK or France? I heard of the Chinese law don't recognise dual nationalities. If it's the case, is it suppose to mean getting married in either UK or France will make me to lose my Chinese nationality?

I am seeking for a solution which helps me first, keeping Chinese nationality; second, getting married with my French boyfriend and both working in the UK for a few years. Although we would also like to relocate to China after our UK experience.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Mar. 12, 2011 03:35
You won't lose your Chinese nationality even if you get married in UK or France. Married to a foreign national doesn't mean you join the nationality of another country.

But it is complex for you to get married in UK, you can choose France or China to make marriage registration.
Related Questions:
Hi, is it possible for a citizen from the United Kingdom to obtain a Chines...
Asked by Luke
| Aug. 19, 2013 04:45
do I need visa before go to Macau or I will treat as british citizen
Asked by Krishna thapa from United Kingdom
| Aug. 31, 2013 01:14
I am a United Kingdom citizen living in United Kingdom. I shall travel to H...
Asked by Janet from United Kingdom
| Sep. 23, 2011 21:59
Applying from the UK, originally from Australia
Asked by Nhuy from United Kingdom
| Oct. 19, 2012 04:07
I am a united kingdom resident do I need a visa to visit hong kong
Asked by stewart crowe from United Kingdom
| Sep. 17, 2013 20:11
Travelling from the UK on a Nigerian passport
Asked by Busola Odude from United Kingdom
| Apr. 10, 2018 04:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)