Asked by Mrs.lynn from canada | Feb. 15, 2011 20:30
About:Chinese Consulate in Vancouver

I am a PR in Canada. My Chinese passport is going to expire in three month. How do I renew it? And Do I need to make an appointment before I go to the China Consulate? How long does it take if I need to apply for a new passport? What are the procedures?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Feb. 16, 2011 02:30
There is no need to make an appointment, you can go to China consulate directly to submit the application in person, it takes one month for processing, the procedures are:
First, organize the below requirements for applying for a new passport:
1. fill one Chinese passport application form
2. three recent passport photos
3. your present Chinese passport and its copy
4. document to prove your legal status in Canada, such as PR Card, Student visa, work permit etc
5. If you can't provide PR Card and immigrate to Canada for three years, you need to provide Certificate of Not Joining Canada Nationality from Secretary of State Citizenship Registration and Promotion P.O. Box 7000

You have to submit application in person to the consulate which coves jurisdiction over your residence.
Related Questions:
HI. I am a China passport holder, living in Singapore as PR. My passport is...
Asked by Mrs.Liu from Japan
| Mar. 24, 2011 03:30
passport renewal in Melbourne
Asked by Tony Ye from Australia
| May. 21, 2018 22:31
Renewal China passport
Asked by Chen Erxiang from China
| Feb. 10, 2018 21:21
Hi, I am a Hong Kong citizen holding Singapore PR status. My Hong Kong pas...
Asked by Mr.Teo from Hong Kong
| Oct. 27, 2010 23:21
Hi I am chinese citizen with AUS PR, currently in Melbourne. I am about ...
Asked by Mr.Urgent from Australia
| Nov. 10, 2009 21:31
I m a Chinese and got immigration to Canada but somehow i found my passport...
Asked by Mr.Sam from China
| Apr. 16, 2010 20:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)