Asked by Mr.Sun from Singapore | Oct. 20, 2010 10:20
About:Embassy & Consulates of Singapore in China

Hi, I am a Singaporean professional working in Hong Kong. My girlfriend is a PRC citizen, living in China. I wish to marry her in China first so that we can stay together in HK under the dependants' scheme. Can you advise me the procedures please.

I read from the previously asked questions. I just need to produce my passport and a legal document to show that i am not married. Can you advise how i can obtain this document?

When i return to Singapore, do we need to register our marriage in Singapore again?


Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from Canada | Oct. 21, 2010 03:00
yes, you need to get a Single Status Certificate authenticated by Singapore Foreign Affairs Ministry and Chinese embassy in Singapore, you'd better also make your Birth Certificate authenticated by Singapore Foreign Affairs Ministry and Chinese embassy in Singapore, then take your valid passport, authenticated Birth Certificate, Single Status Certificate and valid Chinese visa to go to Marriage Registration Office in your girlfriend's residence. After getting marriage license, please go to Singapore embassy/consulate in China to register your marriage, then you don't need to register your marriage in Singapore again.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa if I travel from Singapore to Guangzhou and then Guangzhou...
Asked by Cassandra leong from Singapore
| Mar. 05, 2017 01:14
Is there a way I can arrange for both visas using a travel agency?
Asked by Farnush Anwar from UAE
| Jul. 21, 2013 03:51
I am an Indonesian, been living and working as a professional in Hong Kong....
Asked by Ms.Ana from Hong Kong
| Oct. 05, 2010 00:56
What kind of visa should I apply for four to six month stay in Hainan , cor...
Asked by Mrs.Ong from Singapore
| Mar. 20, 2011 22:02
what kind of visa do I need if I am travelling without a job confirmation i...
Asked by kishan from India
| May. 26, 2013 04:51
Hi, I am a Singaporean currently in Shanghai. I intend to travel from china...
Asked by Ms.Tan from Singapore
| Apr. 25, 2010 04:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)