Asked by Mr.Joe from Canada | Sep. 01, 2010 16:04
About:China Embassy in Canada

Hello, I am a Canadian citizen who would like to get married in China. I got a personal identification document of my marital status "single" from my Lawyer. Do I still need any Legalization by the local provincial authority's document to prove it again? If so - can the Minister of Justice or secretary of the provincial court do that? Do I need a medical exam? If so, where in Canada could I do so? Could I send these documents to the China Embassy in Ottawa?
Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alvin | Sep. 02, 2010 02:17
Yes, Mr.Joe, you need first get it legalized by the Canadian government (valid for 3 months since the date of legalization) and finally authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or the Chinese Consulate-General (valid for six months from the date of authentication).

The address of the Canadian government agencies who provide legalization service: the Legal Advisory Division of Department of Foreign Affairs of Canada (125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Tel: 613-9950119) or the Secretaire de la Chambre des Notarires de Quebec (800 Place Victoria, Montreal, Tel: 514-8791793). If you do not live in above cities, you may go to relevant gov agencies in your city.
Related Questions:
I'm Canadian and my girlfriend is Chinese. I would like to get married in t...
Mr.KRIZPY86 from Mars
| Mar. 24, 2010 23:05
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen who has a 10 hour stopover in Hong Kong in O...
Asked by Ms.Lesley from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2010 02:16
I am a citizen of the USA. I am married to a Canadian and am a permanent re...
Asked by Mrs.Carol Piers from Canada
| Nov. 15, 2010 20:49
Canadian Citizen - need Chinese tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh
Asked by Sarah from Canada
| Jan. 09, 2012 03:15
Canadian living in China
Asked by E from Canada
| Feb. 13, 2012 00:35
What kind of document do i need ?
Asked by Gon from Chile
| Mar. 22, 2012 22:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)