Asked by Mr.Asif from UAE | Aug. 25, 2010 11:18
About:Chinese Embassy in Iraq

Dear Mr.Richard,

I got an internship in shanghai for 12 months as an architect, i live in dubai and I have UAE residence visa and i hold A type Passport.
For which visa should i apply [ tourist, business ]or what?
The company advised me to apply for a tourist visa and once i get there i can transfer it to residence visa becuase it is my first time in china. I would be thankful if you guide me to the right procedure......looking forward to your reply.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.William | Aug. 27, 2010 02:07
You need to apply for student visa to China which is issued to aliens who comes to China for the purpose of study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period over six months.

However, it is complex to prepare the requirements for student visa, therefore, your company advice you to get a L visa to China then change it into residence permit at the Shanghai Public Security Bureau.
Related Questions:
Hi Sir, I have an opportunity to work in China as an architect my company ...
Asked by Mr.Arif from iraq
| Dec. 25, 2010 20:41
Hello Mr. Richard, I'm Anita, I'm living in Germany but I'm Indonesian c...
Asked by Ms.Anita from Indonesian
| Sep. 24, 2009 21:20
Could you tell me wich Visa would be necessary? And where would I get it? I...
Asked by Simon from Belgium
| Jan. 07, 2014 03:01
A non paying internship in Shanghai for 4 months, then 4 months as a studen...
Asked by laurie from usa
| Apr. 06, 2012 21:21
Do I get a free visa at the airport?
Asked by Pawel from Poland
| Jun. 12, 2014 02:10
I want business M..for 12 month.. how long I can stay in china... I can li...
Asked by sazzad from Bangladesh
| Aug. 22, 2017 20:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)