Asked by Mr.luo from China | Aug. 02, 2010 16:35

I will take a cruise soon, which will leave US to Mexico and then back to US. I am a US permanent resident and a Chinese citizen. Just found that my Chinese passport is expired. Can I still use my expired passport but valid gtreen card for the trip?

In addition, it takes a month or so to get a new Chinese passport from Chinese Consulate in Houston. Do they issue an official travel document such that I could use it for the cruise in case the expired passport is not acceptable? If yes, how long to get the travel document? Many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Huang from China | Aug. 02, 2010 23:07
You can't use your expired passport or the green card for the trip, you can have a try to apply for the China Travel Permit, if your application for the Travel Permit is denied, you have to renew your passport and wait for about 1 month to get the new passport. Therefore, you'd better renew your passport 1 month before its expiration.
Related Questions:
im arriving from a cruise in shanghai i will stay 3 days then leave back to...
Asked by yulieth motta from United States
| Sep. 26, 2018 02:32
Multi-entry to China on cruise
Asked by Milan from Canada
| Jul. 11, 2018 20:02
How to obtain fast a Chinese visa from Ivory Coast
Asked by FG Calvi from Ivory Coast
| Jan. 25, 2015 00:59
HI there, we are Australian citizen and wish to visit Hong Kong and Macau.
Asked by Preeti from Australia
| Mar. 02, 2016 21:04
24 hours direct transit
Asked by Myloan from USA
| Jan. 20, 2016 21:53
Hi, I arrive at 5:30 pm at the Guangzhou airport. Can I make it to the Pear...
Asked by Phuong Pham from USA
| Jan. 02, 2016 21:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)