Asked by Mr.Lai from USA | Jul. 12, 2010 22:51

Hi, I am a Hong Kong citizen with a permanent 3*** ID and also a green card holder of the US. I am planning to travel to Hong Kong, but my passport expired a week ago. I HAVE to travel back within a month, and I will be able to re-new my passport before I come back to the U.S. Is it possible for me to leave the U.S. without a passport but just using my green card? Since I will not have a problem entering Hong Kong boarder with my Hong Kong ID, but I have an expired foreign passport and it might cause problem for me to board on a plane. Is there any document that I could apply to leave the USA?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Charles | Jul. 13, 2010 04:50
It is impossible for you to leave the US without a passport, the exit stamp should be stamped on your passport, please apply for a HKSAR travel document if you don't have time to get a new HKSAR passport.
Related Questions:
Can I enter Macau from Hong Kong?
Asked by Sandy Liang from China
| Jul. 07, 2017 04:14
Can i get a visa on arrival for macau?
Asked by chris
| Aug. 19, 2013 21:28
i am a bangladeshi citizen & also green card holder of usa how can i apply ...
Asked by md.shahjahan miah from Bangladesh
| Feb. 20, 2012 02:37
Hi, I am visiting relatives in Malaysia in May 2011. I am a USA Permanent R...
Asked by Mr.Patrick Kodwin from USA
| Jan. 14, 2011 21:33
Do I need a visa to travel to Macau for the day from Hong Kong?
Asked by Jim from Handley
| Feb. 27, 2014 01:49
Fiji Passport Holder w/ 12 hr Layover
Asked by Sherry from USA
| Feb. 04, 2016 01:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)