Asked by Mr.Arwin Dimacali from Philippines | Jun. 07, 2010 05:40
About:China Embassy in Philippines

I plan to go to China as a tourist this June, 2010. I returned to the Philippines this April 2010 from London where I was a student. I plan to go back to London before school opens this Sept. but I wish to see China first, visit the expo in Shanghai. Is it true that before I can get a visa I have to show 300 thousand pesos in my account, properties such as land title and whatever. I am still single, therefore don't have properties, I only got a few thousands. My tour to China will only take me probably 15 days. I also want to visit my future mother-in-law who is an OFW in China. Can she give me an invitation letter, or does it need to be a Chinese nationality (my mother's colleague perhaps). Please reply to this email address. Thank you for your much needed information.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Jun. 07, 2010 20:18
Mr.Arwin Dimacali, your mother-in-law can issue an invitation letter to you, besides her invitation letter, a copy of her valid chinese residence visa and passport information page are also required. Please see the requirements for applying for China Tourirst Visa:
1. Applicant's passport with blank pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration.

2. A truly and completely filled application form affixed with one passport-size or 2x2 colored photo, with white background, full-face front view, and no hat. Photo must be glued on the application form. Stapled pictures will not be accepted. Scanned photos will also not be accepted.

3. A copy of the round-trip plane ticket

4. Hotel reservation / invitation letter with a copy of the inviter's valid chinese residence visa and passport information page of inviter's

5. Previously used China visa in old or new passport (Only visa stickers will be accepted. Those with stamped visas must submit additional documents for first time China visa applicants. Please refer to the list below.)

6. For first time applicants to China (Philippine passport holders, 18 years old and above), they are required to provide the following:
a) original NBI clearance valid for travel abroad
b) original bank certificate with receipt or original passbook, updated within the month that you are applying or....
if your mother-in-law will will sponsor the trip, provide her bank certificate, sponsorship and invitation letter, copy of her valid residence visa and passport information page
c) for students, provide school ID
d) Personal appearance is required for those who are 16-21 years old.

7. The emergency contact information page in the applicant's passport should be filled out and photocopied.

8. Other documents required by the visa officers if necessary.
Related Questions:
I plan to go china to visit my daughter on 5 Mar 2010 to 5 April 2010..and ...
Asked by Mrs.katherine from Singapore
| Feb. 03, 2010 04:20
We plan to go to Shenzhen in April 2010. My husband is Thai but I am Japane...
Asked by Mr.Kaneko from Thailand
| Mar. 17, 2010 22:29
Hi, I am in Indonesia now, want to go to Hongkong in June 2010 for several ...
Asked by Mr.Sabir from Indonesia
| Apr. 07, 2010 01:37
Hi..everybody.. My family and I plan to go to Shanghai in June 2010. Is ...
Asked by Ms.Cindy from Indonesia
| Jan. 12, 2010 22:02
Hi,i plan to visit shanghai between the period of 11 - 21 June 2010. Is thi...
Asked by Ms.Chooi Nee from Singapore
| Mar. 03, 2010 01:34
Hi, I am an American student currently studying in Madrid, Spain until ...
Asked by Mr.Sun from Spain
| Nov. 04, 2009 20:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)