Asked by Mr.Debbie Chin from Malaysia | May. 10, 2010 04:06
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

Ms.Maggie Lee,

Thank you your prompt reply to my this morning enquiry which read," I am a Malaysian and require to visit and attend Trade Exhibitions and Coventions in China,namely Shanghai,Guangzhou and Shenzhen and source for productsand new business opportunities with China. Since we just started this department, we have not established any business link with our Chinese business counter-parts as yet, not until we've visited China to establish our business link. I may also need to make several multiply business trips to China for these purposes and visiting factories over the year, can I apply for a "Multiply-Entry Visa ? What documents do I need? Please advise. Thank you for your attention in the matter"

and your reply read "It is possible for you to change your 180days F visa with single entry to another 180days F visa with multiple entries. And the easiest way is to find a Visa agent in China to help you.
If you use visa agent, the documents required is only your passport, photo (and residence registration form)."

It is somehow confusing,as I do not hold any 180days F visa and and I am currently still in Malaysia.

My question is, currently I am in Kuala Lumpur and at the same time do not hold any Visa to China and I need to make China trips to China for business (Trade Exhibitons and Conventions)over 12 months, Can I apply for a Multiple-Entry Visa to China? What are the documents that are needed for the application and how long does it take for the Visa to be approved. Please advise.Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from China | May. 10, 2010 20:57
Mr.Debbie Chin, it is advisable for you to apply for a tourist visa (L visa)to China at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Kuala Lumpur, Chinese embassy in Kuala Lumpur doesn't accept originary visa applcation from ordinary passport holders, now, you have not established any business link with Chinese business counterparts, so you can't provide the required documents for business visa (F visa)application, such as A letter of invitation from a Chinese company/unit or letter of guarantee from a Malaysian company; An applicant who has made an investment in China or signed contracts with a Chinese company, please provide the original and copy of the Chinese business license carrying the name of the applicant or the contract (The original one will be returned after checking).

if you can provide the guarantee from a Malaysian company, you can still apply for Business Visa, otherwise, you'd better apply for tourist visa because you can organize all required documents by yourself.

for more information, please refer to
Related Questions:
I have Nicaraguan Passport and US Residency Card, Do I need a Visa to go ju...
Asked by Sara from USA
| Apr. 25, 2013 04:22
Hi Jack, Thank you for your quick reply to my earlier enquiry on picture...
Asked by Mrs.RS from Singapore
| Sep. 09, 2010 04:56
I would like to know what documents are needed to get Hong kong Visa.
Asked by Nino from Georgia
| Jan. 08, 2014 01:29
Hi Mrs Nicole...Thank you for your prompt reply!
Asked by Mrs.Baby from PH
| Sep. 16, 2009 02:59
I will be holidaying in Singapore from April 8th for a few days and whilst ...
Asked by Ms.Lisa from Australia
| Apr. 02, 2009 20:13
Many thanks to MS DREAMLINE for replying my enquiry. Unfortunately the rep...
Asked by Mr.Ban from Malaysia
| Aug. 18, 2010 21:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)