Asked by Ms.ESTI from South Africa | Apr. 30, 2010 00:00
About:China Visa

Hi, I'm married to a Chinese national for 7 years now and we have been residing in South Africa. My husband now wants to return to China (Chengdu) but we are experienicing great difficulty on getting answers about the visa requirements for my son and myself. Could anyone perhaps help?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Ivan from Ireland | May. 03, 2010 01:38
Ms.ESTI, it is not hard for you and your son to get a China visa to go to Mainland China because your husband is Chinese. First, you'd better send your marriage license and birth certificate to the local notary office in South Africa to apply for notarization, then go to the Foreign Affaires Ministry of South Africa to apply for authentication, Address: Consular and Agency Services, Legalization Section, Eikendal Building, Tulbagh Park, 1234 Church Street, Pretoria

at last, go to the Chinese embassy or consulate in Sout Africa to apply for authentication of the 2 documents.

You can also apply for the Chinese L visa for family visit at the same time, please prepare the following documents for L visa application:
1. Original passport with blank visa pages and validity of more than 6 months;

2. Application Form which must be completed neatly and signed by the applicant; If the applicant is minor, the form should be signed by his guardian.

4. One passport photo (and the photos of the applicant's accompanying persons included in his/her passport if they plan to travel with the applicant.);

5. the marriage license and birth certificate certified by Foreign Affaires Ministry of South Africa and Chinese Embassy/Consulate in SA.

it takes 5 working days.
Related Questions:
Can i get this permanent residence status?
Asked by sonia from Ireland
| Mar. 25, 2014 04:09
snake married to monkey
Asked by R from Argentina
| Oct. 13, 2013 03:14
I have been living and working in China for the past 7 years. I have a Z v...
Asked by Mr.Steven from USA
| Dec. 09, 2010 04:04
Hi, I have been working in China for some years now, with different contra...
Asked by Mr.Myburgh from South Africa
| Jan. 28, 2011 01:45
is manual pakistani passport is acceptable?
Asked by Zaid husnain
| Jul. 06, 2013 02:29
I'm going to be downsized next month and my Z visa will be converted to a o...
Asked by MK from Malaysia
| Apr. 11, 2015 20:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)