Asked by Mrs.kb from usa | Jan. 30, 2010 09:01
About:China Transit Visa

I am a us citizen traveling on business to Taiwan. I know that I do not need a visa for Taiwan, but I will be flying from US to Canada to Hong Kong to Taiwan. My layover in Hong Kong is about 3 hours. If I don't leave the airport do I need a transit visa in hong kong? Does flying through Canada instead of from US cause any issues with this? What if I have to get my boarding pass in Hong Kong due to flying on a different air carrier than the rest of my flights? Are there any other documents I will need besides a valid us passport with atleast 6 mths left on it?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.GLOMAC from China | Feb. 01, 2010 06:53
If you flying to Taiwan on different carrier .. the immigration will issue you a tourist visa. Be fast, you dont have much time in between your flights..coz some time you'll be stucked in long ques in HKIA
Related Questions:
Will it be possible for me to apply for a PRC visa while I am in Okinawa?
Asked by James R. Roberson from U.S.A
| Aug. 14, 2013 04:07
Would this be OK?
Asked by JD from USA
| Nov. 14, 2016 21:38
VISA for China for US citizens
Asked by Glenn Penny from USA
| May. 29, 2013 02:53
How can i obtain a Chinese business visa while i am in India?
Asked by Vikram Tripathi from USA
| Sep. 28, 2014 21:12
do I qualify if I wil only be in the 3rd country for 40 minutes?
Asked by Mary from USA
| Feb. 25, 2013 00:11
US citizen- US-Taiwan- Guangzhou (transit)-New Delhi
Asked by Arindam Sinharoy from USA
| Nov. 22, 2015 21:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)