Asked by Ms.KLJACKSON from New Zealand | Oct. 26, 2009 23:22
About:China Embassy in New Zealand

Hi...We are in Vietnam & wish to cross to China using either UK or NZ passports. We plan on crossing over mid November. We have a flight booked 28th Dec, Kunming to Hong Kong (6 weeks).
After 6 days in Hong Kong we wish to travel by train to Guilin returning to Hong Kong 22 Jan to fly to NZ.(3 weeks). We're getting conflicting information as to the length of time we can stay in China. What sort of visa should we apply for. Currently in Hanoi. :-)

Answers (2)
Answered by Mr.Allen | Oct. 27, 2009 04:50
The duration of a single entry China tourist visa is 30 days.
Answered by Mr.APAULT from China | Oct. 27, 2009 09:26
It sounds like you will exit and re-enter China mainland, therfore you will need at least a dual entry visa. The maximum length is 2 months for dual or multiple entry visas, or 3 for singkle entry. However, if you apply in Vietnam or Hong Kong (and many otherb countries other than yopur normal place of residence) you might find that you are limited to a 30 day visa. But if you apply for a dual entry that will grant 2 x 30 day visits, multiple entry may give you 12 months to visit but exiting every 30 days.
Related Questions:
Multiple transits
Asked by Wendy from UK
| Jul. 31, 2014 04:26
Can my family enter Vietnam from Yunnan Province?
Asked by Jerry J from China
| Feb. 05, 2014 01:52
Entry and Exit Requirements
Asked by Erin from USA
| Jan. 26, 2015 01:26
Hello, We want to cross the border from Vietnam to China, can we get a v...
Asked by Mr.Manu from Belgium
| Jan. 30, 2011 20:33
landborder entry to China from Vietnam
Asked by Suzanne from Ireland
| May. 06, 2018 17:35
hi, i am in india now, traveling. i wish to go to china in a month. can i d...
Asked by Ms.shira from israel
| Jan. 31, 2010 04:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)