Asked by Mr.Webb from UK | Jun. 12, 2009 08:26
About:China Customs Declaration

Hi there, thank you for your great information! I have some questions:

I will be going to China and staying for potentially over 5 years (university study - long term). I will be bringing quite a lot of essentials with me and a few gifts. I am a little unsure of some of the things I need to declare or not - could you advise me? I am bringing:

-Some sets of clothes for my own use. Maybe a few pairs of trousers, few shirts, etc.
-My laptop - belongs to me and for my personal use. About 10 months old.
-My camera - for my personal use, a few years old. I'm not sure about the value.
-Some gifts, including: -Two books - value 10/CNY 112
-A board game - value 10/CNY 112
-Metal earrings - non-precious metal - value 8/ CNY90
-Gift/birthday card - value 3/CNY40
-Two gold neckalaces - total value 125/CNY 1350
-The gifts are all wrapped in gift paper - will this be a problem? The total gift CNY value is about CNY1700 to 1800.
-108 DVDs, all in one bag (DVDs only, not in their cases - can't really value them. All of them belong to me, and are old.

Would any of this need to be declared - what about items used by me for a long time? Thank you very much.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.yina from China | Jun. 13, 2009 21:19
Hi, for your gold necklace, if it is less than 50g (2 ounce), they are duty-free and do not need to be declared. Or you need to declare it and pay centain duty. The laptop, camera and other personal things do not need to declare. Do not worry, just fill out the custom declaration form correctly, there won't be any problem.
Related Questions:
Wuzhishan for 1 day and 1 night (Dec 17-18 2016)
Asked by LCR from USA
| Nov. 21, 2016 00:03
Train information from Shanghai to Guillin
Asked by Sonam from USA
| Jan. 28, 2015 21:22
Great Wall Walk from Jingshanling to Simata possible at April 25?
Asked by Stephanie from Shanghai
| Apr. 08, 2014 21:13
HI, I am planning to join my brother in going to Beijing,(maybe for some fe...
Asked by Ms.H. PASCO from Philippines
| Nov. 11, 2010 01:51
Jieyang chaoshan to Pandong and Pandong (Jieyang) to Guilin
Asked by Ma Ri from Indonesia
| Sep. 18, 2017 02:46
Qinglong Gorge Bus question
Asked by Tom from Canada
| Apr. 24, 2016 21:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)