Asked by Mr.Kayse from Canada | Mar. 30, 2009 11:46
About:China Embassy in Canada

I am Canadian and am planning to go visit China in mid May, but I will be leaving to HK end of April. The Chinese consulate are telling me it's too early to apply, but my gf got her visa already. Now they want me to sign a statement saying I will respect Chinese rule.
Is there anything fishy going on, or it's normal procedure??

Answers (3)
Answered by Ms.Lily | Mar. 30, 2009 21:39
Generally, it is appropriate to apply for the visa one month before your intended date of arrival in China.
Answered by Mr.Kayse from Canada | Apr. 01, 2009 08:49
How are we expected to book hotels? Also, what happens if I plan to stay in Hong Kong for a month before going to China. That means that applying for a Visa is impossible?
Answered by Ms.Lily from China | Apr. 01, 2009 22:24
Since you will visit Hong Kong first, you can apply for a visa for China at the Office of the Commission of the Minitry of Foreign Affairs of P.R.C in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Related Questions:
I am planning to visit Beijing in mid December, will it be too cold to go t...
Asked by Mr.peter from Indonesia
| Sep. 27, 2010 00:54
Holidays / Festival on Lord Budha BirthDay
Asked by Ashok from India
| Apr. 16, 2014 02:40
Will I be able to apply for Chinese visa from India and visit China on my w...
Asked by Prasad from USA
| Mar. 31, 2015 23:00
I m planning to go Sanya in mid of May 2013.Is it advisable to go there at ...
Asked by Anup from India
| Mar. 17, 2013 02:57
Hello! My family of 4 will be going to Hong Kong during mid March. We ar...
Asked by Ms.Wang from Singapore
| Jan. 18, 2011 19:48
hello i am planning to go to beijing china in may, can i obtain a visa for ...
Asked by jeannette price from USA
| Mar. 27, 2016 21:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)