Asked by Radoslaw from Poland | Feb. 09, 2024 04:25
About:24-Hour Visa-Free Transit

CPH-> PVG (Shangai) 20 hours -> Tokyo and then on the way back Tokyo-> Bejing 21 hours -> CPH

Hello all,

I have question - I booked flights:

CPH-> PVG (Shangai) 20 hours -> Tokyo

11 days later

2) tokyo-> Bejing 21 hours -> CPH

Am I allowed to get visa free (get out of office) for Shnghai and on the way back in Bejing ? Please let me know

Answers (1)
Answered by Borut from Slovenia | Feb. 11, 2024 18:20
Radoslaw, there will be no problems at all. You will do the following:

1. Print out your flight tickets and your hotel booking confirmations and have them with you at hand.
2. On board of plane there will be arrival/departure cards dispensed. Fill out one and for the purpose of your stay in China tick the transit box.
3. Upon your landing in Shanghai and later in Beijing, you will first approach 24/144 hour visa free transit counter where you will apply for a temporary entry permit by presenting those printouts. This application is free of charge.
4. After your permit is granted you will cross the immigration and proceed to the city on your own.

Basically, this is it.
Related Questions:
Ticket 1:CPH-PVG-CPH, Ticket 2:PVG-TPE-PVG
Asked by Kim from Sweden
| Oct. 07, 2016 21:59
Layover in same departure city, am I eligible for the 72 hours transit in S...
Asked by Paul from USA
| Jul. 28, 2014 02:04
Register at local police station for less than 24 hours in Shanghai?
Asked by Katia Fontarensky from USA
| Jan. 22, 2017 21:08
Im traveling from US to Shanghai for 4 days and to Bali Indonesia. Do I nee...
Asked by Jay from USA
| Jan. 29, 2018 00:38
72 hours visa question
Asked by yesica from Argentina
| Feb. 02, 2013 03:26
Am I eligible
Asked by John from USA
| May. 21, 2017 22:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)