Asked by Brian from New Zealand | May. 10, 2021 02:51
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Q1 Visa: I have a PU letter for employment in China.

I have a PU letter for employment in China. I have not yet got PU letters for my dependents as I need some more documentation. Documentation I cannot get because of a COVID lockdown. I have been informed that no Q1 visas are being issued at present. I would like to know if there is any truth in that as I don't want to continue with application at considerable cost if it is not going to be approved. Any feedback is appreciated.

Answers (5)
Answered by Leo | May. 11, 2021 01:29
You should apply for S visas instead of Q visas for your dependents. During the pandemic, it's hard to get them without PU letters.
Answered by Brian | May. 11, 2021 03:07
I will have a PU letter! But I have heard no dependent visas being issued. Just want to know is it a waste of money applying.
Answered by Kelly | May. 11, 2021 03:40
Hi Brian,

I had this problem too. My husband is issued PU letter without dependents.

May I know what kind of documents you lack of ??
Answered by Brian | May. 11, 2021 04:31
Birth certificates to be translated and authenticated. Already to go but embassy has been closed because of city COVID lockdown
Answered by Teresa | Jun. 09, 2021 19:02
Hi, my family is in the same condition.
Husband was issued PU letter without dependents.
A colleague of his already arrived in China since Feb 2021 and still unable to get PU letter for her dependents also. FAO said cannot issue PU for other than Business/Work.
China covid situation seems to be under control, I hope they will release the PU letter for dependents soon...
Related Questions:
Are you allowed to go into employment on the Q1 or Q2 visa?
Asked by Jack from UK
| Jul. 16, 2018 18:37
What documents do I need for tourist visa?
Asked by Abdullah from Bangladesh
| Feb. 26, 2017 20:05
Can I get Z visa from Macaou or Hong kong?
Asked by Gashaw A from Ethiopia
| Nov. 12, 2011 02:45
legal employment in China on a Q1 visa
Asked by Paul from USA
| Mar. 16, 2016 22:59
Can you please tell me how long it will take you to process this request so...
Asked by Eric from Switzerland
| Jul. 09, 2014 02:55
Do I need to fill application form for my Z Visa?
Asked by Melwong from malaysia
| May. 31, 2012 21:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)