Asked by Alix from Canada | Jan. 14, 2020 10:17
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Going out in Shanghai for a single day

Hello. I'm travelling from Manila to Montreal via Shanghai. I would like to visit Shanghai downtown during my 9 hour layover (arriving in the morning and leaving the same evening). Can I do it on a 72-hour or 144-hour permit? And do I have to register at a police station?
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by CDKING from US | Jan. 14, 2020 14:19
Stops under 24 hours are only eligible for the 24 hour visa free transit.
The rules for this state you must stay in the international transit area of the airport.
You can apply for the temporary permit to leave the airport but its not guaranteed. Usually its only approved if overnight and you have hotel confirmation. My friend who i told would not be allowed was approved to leave airport, but only certain flights that day were approved, others had to spend the day at the airport
Related Questions:
hey i am indian and have chinese visa for single entry can i go to macau an...
Asked by amit from India
| Jul. 05, 2015 22:33
on a cruise ship in march 2016 stopping in Shanghai from 8am day 1 until 6p...
Asked by Nicole from Australia
| Jan. 13, 2016 21:36
Cruise going to HK and to Shanghai
Asked by Stan from Australia
| Dec. 13, 2015 21:07
Hi I'm from South Korea. Is it possible to enter as visa-free from Spain-Sh...
Asked by Julie Lee from Republic of Korea
| Jul. 15, 2017 11:23
72 hour free transit when entering from north korea and flying out of dalia...
Asked by alan from Australia
| Aug. 14, 2013 04:54
Visa for my husband to visit me in China
Asked by Chen Yu from China
| Oct. 16, 2012 04:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)