Asked by Delyth Davies from United Kingdom | Jan. 13, 2020 17:57
About:China Visa on Arrival

Hi, I’m looking to fly to Shanghai from the U.K. for just a 3 day visit to Disney with my daughter.

Can I get a VOA? I’m assuming the 72hr exemption will not apply as we are not travelling on to a third country, we are just coming back home.
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by ZUPAN | Jan. 14, 2020 10:08
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for any kind of visa free transit scheme because your itinerary is, as you have correctly noticed, just making a round trip to China without a visit to a third country. You will have to obtain a Chinese tourist (L) visa in advance or to change your flight itinerary. For example, if you would like to think about changing your flight itinerary, you can make your itinerary eligible by introducing Hong Kong. So, your itinerary could look like:

UK - Shanghai - Hong Kong - UK

This itinerary is eligible for 144 hour visa free transit in Shanghai area.
Related Questions:
Am i ok for the 144 hour transit pass?? Please help me
Asked by Jamie from United Kingdom
| May. 25, 2016 04:23
72 hr visa for Shanghai
Asked by Alastair Pullan from United Kingdom
| Jun. 23, 2016 12:23
Entries on a Visa. how many entries will this be classed as?
Asked by Vicky from United Kingdom
| May. 22, 2015 03:44
Would I be eligible for the 144 hour transit visa in Shanghai?
Asked by Fez from United Kingdom
| Apr. 09, 2016 21:37
Thailand not on list?
Asked by KJ from United Kingdom
| Apr. 05, 2018 05:19
Uk to Shanghai via Dubai
Asked by S Hamilton from United Kingdom
| Oct. 06, 2017 18:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)