Asked by Phui Yong Lee from Singapore | Sep. 02, 2019 05:17

I am flying into Tianjin on the 11 Sep 19 and taking a cruise from Tianjin to Japan on the 13 Sep.

The cruise ship will return back to Tianjin on the 21 Sep and I will spent another 5 days in China before departing back to Singapore on the 26 Sep. I am holding a Singapore passport. Do I need to apply for visa?
Does cruising out of China consider out of the Country? And Singaporean are given 15 days free visa entry to China how do we calculate the 15 days? for example does 11 sep consider the first day or only on 12 sep then is consider as the first day?

Answers (1)
Answered by ZUPAN | Sep. 02, 2019 15:02
You can really enjoy your time having a Singaporean passport.

When you enter China, your 15 days start to count down. In reality, you will spend just three days from September 11 to September 13.

On September 13, you will board the ship and at that moment, the count down of your days stops because you will receive an exit stamp and since that moment you are considered to have left the country and the days spent in cruise are not counted against your 15 days because you are not in China any more.

Upon your arrival back to China, you will start again from your maximum number of days, i.e. 15 days and not from the remaining 12 days. This is the rule imposed by China and for some reason Singaporeans are treated in quite a generous way. In other words, every exit from China by the Singaporean citizen, resets the clock of 15 visa free days.
Related Questions:
I am planning to take a Royal Caribbean cruise that starts in Tianjin and t...
Asked by James from USA
| Feb. 05, 2018 02:20
Is china visa required cruise begins Shanghai ends Japan, via Qingdao and T...
| Feb. 27, 2018 21:05
24 Hr Into Beijing by plane out of Tianjin by boat same day
Asked by Percy from Australia
| Sep. 20, 2016 21:08
OK will all this be covered by free transit
Asked by Jon Drew from USA
| Jun. 04, 2017 21:35
3 nights in Beijing then cruise round Japan from Tianjin for 7 nights, then...
Asked by Suzanne from United Kingdom
| Jun. 26, 2018 01:39
What type of Chinese Visa should I request, single or multiple entry?
Asked by Ronald from Australia
| Jan. 08, 2012 01:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)