Asked by IAN WHITEHEAD from United Kingdom | Oct. 25, 2018 02:14
About:144-hour Visa-free Transit in Shanghai, Zhejiang, and Jiangsu

I am flying from the UK to HK to join a cruise around the Far East

so do I need a Chinese visa for the following cruise which Departs Hong Kong to Shanghai on 19/2/19
Arriving SH 22/2/19
departs SH 23/02/19
Arrives Tianjin 26/02/19
Departs Tianjin 27/01/19 then onward cruise to other parts of the Far East.
Any tourist trip within those 2 locations in China will be with the organised cruise ships agenda so will I qualify for the 144Hr exemption visa. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Kent from Uruguay | Oct. 25, 2018 23:24
I'm afraid you cannot because the 144 hours visa free policy regulates that you can only enter and exit at the same one city and you first arrive at Shanghai so you can only stay to move and leave from Shanghai, Zhejiang and Jiangsu, not including Tianjin. So you cannot enjoy the 144 hours visa. So you'd better apply for a visa in advance.
Related Questions:
hi i am going on a far east cruise
Asked by nanda chauhan from United Kingdom
| Aug. 26, 2015 02:42
Cruise Singapore to Shanghai
Asked by Fred Barlow from uN
| Jan. 02, 2017 01:18
Travel to Shanghai to join a cruise ship
Asked by Juan Paraiso from USA
| Apr. 04, 2018 01:18
What visa do I need to board and dissembark a cruise ship in Shanghai?
Asked by Antony Cameron from AU
| Oct. 22, 2018 00:40
I am going on a cruise around the Far East which commences in Shanghai shor...
Asked by Ms.Vicky from Ireland
| Aug. 08, 2009 01:33
Flying to Shanghai, then pick up cruise ship.
Asked by Tony Ashworth from United Kingdom
| Mar. 27, 2018 20:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)