Asked by Sock Yee from Canada | Sep. 26, 2018 14:51
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit in Beijing, Tianjin, and Hebei

Flying into Beijing but staying the under-144-hours in Nanjing. Where should the visa be applied?

I will be arriving in PEK at 4:45pm on Jan 9, 2019 on transit to Nanjing, arriving there at 10:20 pm. I will be staying within the 144 hour time limit in Nanjing as I do not have a Chinese visa.

Will I be allowed to fly from Beijing to Nanjing without the visa as I will be getting the 144hours-visa-free in Nanjing?

Answers (2)
Answered by Kent from USA | Sep. 26, 2018 19:03
Dear, I'm afraid you cannot. You can only get the visa from the capital international airport on your arrival and by then, you are allowed to enter China and leave for Nanjing.
Answered by Rob | Sep. 27, 2018 00:52
You could change your flight to arrive in Shanghai instead of Beijing. Then you would be allowed to visit Nanjing under 144 hours transit without visa. You must be in transit to a third country, of course (not China and not your origin). The other option is to get a visa then you can travel how you want.
Related Questions:
Travelling to nanjing and staying for 4 days then travelling to Thailand do...
Asked by Brayds from Canada
| Aug. 14, 2017 01:38
flying in to beijing staying 2 nights then flying to shanghai staying 1 nig...
Asked by john j kelly from United States
| Oct. 29, 2018 18:33
Can I fly from Frankfurt to Beijing to London on the 144 hour visa?
Asked by Harriet from Germany
| Sep. 18, 2018 18:46
Is there a Silk Market? (Like the one in Beijing). I am staying by Nanjing ...
Asked by Beto from Spain
| Oct. 04, 2012 20:36
Im Canadian and looking at flying into Shanghai and staying for 4 days.
Asked by joe from Canada
| Jun. 26, 2017 21:07
How do we transit the baggage from claim area 2F of T3-C to check-in gates ...
Asked by Nianxiang Xie from USA
| Mar. 19, 2018 02:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)