Asked by Mathew K from United States | Apr. 12, 2018 19:46
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Visa Required if transit less than 24 hours and stay within airport terminals ?

I am travelling to China for a holiday with my wife but now have to make a trip to Malaysia from Beijing for 3 weeks urgently. So I plan to extend my flight departure from Beijing to Seattle by about 3 weeks and take a separate flight from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur and back. On my return (I am a Malaysian with a green card) to Beijing to fly out on the same day, is a visa required if I am just collecting my bags at Beijing and checking into the next flight to Seattle? I assume I will need to go through border control to collect my bags which are from a different airlines. I have to go from terminal 3 to terminal 2 to check in bags and board flight back to Seattle. Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Jamie from Italy | Apr. 12, 2018 21:00
Hi, based on what I know, Malaysian cannot enjoy free transit policy in mainland China, so you are advised to apply for a regular visa for the trip in advance.
Related Questions:
Flying Melbourne to Osaka via Guangzhou, is visa required?
Asked by Tania from Australia
| Feb. 21, 2018 15:05
What's exactly the transit area?
Asked by Yazmin from Mexico
| Jun. 08, 2016 04:29
Transit Visa for switching airport terminals?
Asked by Mel K from Malaysia
| Nov. 23, 2017 00:05
What does "Specified Transit Area" means?
Asked by Lesley from Malaysia
| Mar. 30, 2016 21:31
visa requirements for American citizen
Asked by Linda Gentry El-Dash from usa
| Feb. 21, 2016 03:44
Malaysian Eligibility
Asked by Malaysian from Malaysia
| Oct. 30, 2018 02:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)