Asked by Jeffrey Yeager from United States | Mar. 06, 2018 16:07
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Length of Stay and Invitation Letter

Hello - I'm a U.S. citizen and I want to travel in China as a tourist for about two months. Before I buy my airline ticket, I want to make sure that I can stay that long (assuming that I qualify for a visa). Can I get an entry permit to stay two months?

Also, I've seen mention of needing an "Invitation Letter" in order to get entry permit. I will be traveling independently (not as part of a group or being hosted by someone in China). If I have a hotel reservation confirmation for the first week or so of my trip, will that be sufficient, or do I still need a "Invitation Letter"?

Thank you for your help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Connelly from Germany | Mar. 06, 2018 20:53
Jeffrey, you can try to apply for the tourist L type with the DURATION OF EACH STAY of 3 months. If you can get it, you are able to stay in mainland China for more than 2 months. If you have the round trip air tickets and hotel reservation, the invitation letter is not needed then.
Related Questions:
I got an Internship for an Year in Dalian. I would like to know which visa ...
| Jun. 12, 2014 01:30
what is the best way to obtain a visa to visit China for a USA citizen?
Asked by carrie from USA
| Jul. 16, 2013 01:45
What's the length and width?
Asked by Mr.Ted from USA
| Feb. 19, 2009 02:30
100meter chinese length is equal to how much british length.
Asked by bandan from Nepal
| Jun. 22, 2014 00:59
I want to visit a friend (Chinese national) in China for an extended visit....
Asked by Jen from USA
| Aug. 15, 2018 18:05
what is the china wall's length.
Asked by k.siva from india
| May. 21, 2013 06:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)