Asked by Leon Franco from Philippines | Jan. 11, 2018 03:25
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Hi, we're a same sex married couple and my husband got job

so I need to move with him with our 2 kids. His company will provide his work Z type and visa for kids, they can't do anything for my visa as same sex are not legal in China yet.

I don't intend to apply work as I need to look after the kids but I need to have a residency permit. If I enter tourist L type and I try to apply residency permit providing the notarised and marriage contract, do you think they will grant me?

If not, i'm planning just to change my tourist L type to student X type, is there any deadline or urgency I should apply to a course to change my tourist L type to student one? And If got student X type, can I apply for residency, correct?

Any leads and advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks,

Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from New Zealand | Jan. 12, 2018 00:31
Dear, sorry, I’m afraid you may not be able to get the residence permit with a tourist L type.
You are advised to apply for a student X1 type in the first place in your home country, and then you can apply for a residence permit when you enter China.
Related Questions:
Applying for the Chinese visa from Hong Kong
Asked by Jass from India
| Dec. 21, 2012 01:24
Hi there, I have got a Phlilppines helper i brought to HK from Singapore...
Ms.SHARIN from Hong Kong
| Dec. 07, 2010 00:48
i was born on 25/4/1984 and my husband wass born on 27/06/1976, got married...
Asked by labbie from Nigeria
| Apr. 05, 2013 20:57
Tiger (1974) and Pig (1971) are we compatible?
Asked by Diem from USA
| Apr. 16, 2014 02:23
Do you think it's cause we are not compatible? Will year of the horse be an...
Asked by Dee from USA
| Apr. 21, 2014 10:56
Hi female born 18/6/75 rabbit my husband born 15/4/65 been together 19yrs
Asked by MJME from Jamaica
| Aug. 11, 2015 05:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)