Asked by Ryan from United States | Dec. 04, 2017 12:39
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Can you go back to your country of origin?

Hi Mark,

I'm currently living in Vietnam and need to leave the country to renew my visa. I have a friend going to Beijing at that time to visit family and i'd like to go with him just for the 3 days.

Is it a problem to not move on to another country when leaving Beijing? My preferred transit would be Saigon --> Beijing --> Saigon but if that isn't allowed then I could add in Hong Kong or somewhere else on the way back.

Answers (3)
Answered by Rob | Dec. 04, 2017 14:22
You cannot fly Vietnam-Beijing-Vietnam unless you have a Chinese visa. But yes, Vietnam-Beijing (72 hours)-Hong Kong-Vietnam would work without a visa.
Answered by Chanel from USA | Dec. 06, 2017 16:04
Thank you, this is helpful. Does Hong Kong qualify as another Country? Because I am flying from USA -
Vietnam - Hong Kong - Beijing - USA, and I want to use the 72 hour free transit.
Answered by Jose | Dec. 06, 2017 18:51
USA - Vietnam - Hong Kong - Beijing - USA will be fine for you to use the 72 hour free transit in Beijing. Nice trip.
Related Questions:
Is it true that you can only apply for a Z visa in your country of origin a...
Asked by JN from Canada
| Oct. 18, 2013 03:44
Return trip routing and Shenzhen
Asked by Jonny from USA
| Apr. 09, 2016 22:51
hi student frm africa study in malysia but want to change to china so can i...
Asked by sije from Burundi
| Nov. 21, 2013 03:02
Can I extend an x2 visa while I am already in China?
Asked by Made from Venezuela
| Feb. 13, 2015 02:02
Thailand not on list?
Asked by KJ from United Kingdom
| Apr. 05, 2018 05:19
Flying back to same country of origin
Asked by Giacomo Bergui from Italia
| Oct. 28, 2015 14:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)