Asked by Jake from USA/China | Oct. 10, 2017 05:19
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Work permit to Family visit to Work Permit

I am currently working on a year-long temp resident work permit. This is my third year in China, working on such permits. Last year, I married a Chinese citizen. She is now pregnant, and we will have our child next March.

Recently, my job has become unstable and unbearable, and I need to leave it. However, I don’t want to leave my pregnant wife. Can I apply for family visit temp residence FROM WITHIN Mainland China?

Although it is not legal to work while on a temp residence family visit, how can I at some future point then obtain a work permit again? Is it possible to hold both a work permit and a fam visit simultaneously?

Answers (1)
Answered by Emily from USA | Oct. 10, 2017 20:29
Jake, you cannot hold both a work permit and a family visit simultaneously. After you quit your current job, you can try to convert your work Z type into a family Q1 type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. If it can be done, you can apply for a family residence permit in China. If you can find a new job, you can try to convert your Q1 type type into a Z type at the local PSB to work in China legally. You can contact the local PSB to inquire the details.
Related Questions:
is it ok to get more than one entry ,even thier visa is S2 and has 1 entry...
Asked by ahmd from Egypt
| Jun. 02, 2015 22:34
I need work permit
Asked by Ghulam Bahrain from Pakistan
| Jun. 04, 2018 22:08
Work Permit for Spouse
Asked by Rob from China
| Jul. 02, 2013 02:29
Work Premit and Residence Permit
Asked by James stearwt from Spain
| Nov. 07, 2017 19:36
About S2 visa or S1? (My Daughter is over 18yrs old)
Asked by Mike Lim from Singapore
| Mar. 20, 2016 22:26
Hi there, currently i live in China and holder of a Temporary residet permi...
Asked by Bora from Turkey
| Feb. 07, 2017 20:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)