Asked by AA from Republic of Korea | Sep. 05, 2017 00:09
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ
Guang zhou transit for 14 hours

Hi, i am South Korean and i will be travelling from Adelaide to Guangzhou for transit and stay there for 14 hours, and then fly to South Korea. Do i still need to apply for the entry permit if i want to go out of the Guangzhou airport and stay in a hotel for one night? Or can i just go without applying the entry permit? And does this apply the same from South Korea to Guangzhou and then back to Adelaide? and Can i have the visa center contact number in Adelaide?

Thank you

Answers (6)
Answered by James from United Kingdom | Sep. 05, 2017 01:50
Hi, you don’t need a transit G type for that because you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit in Guangzhou in both directions. You need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration office when you arrive at the airport, then you can leave there to stay in the hotel.
Answered by AA from Republic of Korea | Sep. 05, 2017 04:21
thanks for the reply. do you know where to get all the information, as in how to apply the visa in the Guangzhou immigration and where to go?
Answered by James | Sep. 05, 2017 04:54
When you arrive at the Guangzhou airport, you can find the immigration office according to the instructions to apply for the free temporary stay permit. No need to worry!
Answered by John Doe | Sep. 06, 2017 03:05
Guangzhou no longer allows persons utilizing 24-hour transit to leave the airport or to have another stop in Mainland China.
Answered by Wayan from Bali | Sep. 14, 2017 03:10
Can a person not eligible for the 72 hour apply for a visa before arriving to airport? We have a 9 month baby and a 16 hour layover in Guangzhou. My wife and baby are US Citizens and I am Indonesian. If I apply for an entry permit before arriving, will be be able to utilize Pullman hotel?
Answered by Betty | Sep. 14, 2017 04:37
The person not eligible for the 72 hour free transit needs to apply one month prior to the trip. If you have valid visa, you can stay at the hotel.
Related Questions:
how far from guang zhou to jilin
Asked by gillani from China
| Aug. 12, 2012 20:16
I will at guang zhou 14 /09/2009 , and plan to go to shanghai. if it is pos...
Asked by Mr.Lo Djin Min from indonesia
| Aug. 30, 2009 05:02
We plan to go to macau from guang zhou. How do you get to macau from guang ...
Asked by Ms.Jo from Philippines
| Feb. 16, 2010 10:12
Just wondering if there is any high speed train service from Guangzhou to K...
Asked by william from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2012 21:36
Do I need to get a visa for Guang Zhou?
Asked by Angie from USA
| Jan. 13, 2015 00:57
Guangzhou to Wudangshan city
Asked by Wilong from Indonesia
| Mar. 22, 2015 03:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)