Asked by Tom from Switzerland | Aug. 30, 2017 04:15
About:Chinese Embassy in Switzerland

Application for a British Ex Pat living in Valais Canton Switzerland

Hi Guys,

I am a British national living and working in Switzerland (with a B-Permit) year round. I will travel to China (Harbin) this year 23rd September. It will be a 7 day work trip and I already have a letter from my place of work over in China.

Can I apply online somewhere for a Visa in Switzerland or do I have to travel to Bern/Zurich to do it in person? If so do I need to book an appointment? Is there a form I can fill in before going perhaps?

Many thanks,


Answers (1)
Answered by Dante from USA | Aug. 30, 2017 21:31
Tom, you can make the application from the China embassy or consulate in your residence area, and you don't have to make the appointment for that. You can find someone else to do that on your behalf if you cannot go there in person, but you cannot do that online. You need to fill a completed application form provide it for the application.
Related Questions:
Would importing a piano be taxable?
Asked by Mr.Joey from China
| Jul. 17, 2010 21:52
Visa application for a British Citizen resident in Switzerland with a C Per...
Asked by Alison Rochat from Switzerland
| Jan. 11, 2014 00:14
Can i travel to the USA to get a Chinese visa as there are no consulates he...
Asked by Terry Wallace from Dominican Republic
| Oct. 30, 2013 01:12
Documents required for visa application
Asked by Lixin Zhang from Switzerland
| May. 06, 2015 22:05
I am a srilankan passport holder living in switzerland how can i get a vis...
Asked by Ahsan from Switzerland
| Jun. 21, 2015 22:13
I do not know where to submit my application for a Chinese visa. I am Briti...
Asked by Ms.Maureen from kenny
| Dec. 13, 2010 21:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)