Asked by Lisa from Germany | Jul. 23, 2017 08:51
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Changing a Student X type into a Tourist L type

I had a Student X type for one year but I finished uni now and my visa will expire by the end of this month. Since I want to stay in China for travelling I need to apply for a tourist L type.Does anybody have some experiences with changing a student X type into a tourist L type at a PSB in China? Is it possible? Or do I need to go to Hongkong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Faith from Italy | Jul. 23, 2017 22:08
Lisa, you can try to convert your current X type to a tourist L type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China. If it can be done, you don't need to leave China. You can give it a try!
Related Questions:
student X to tourist L
Asked by del from RP
| Aug. 20, 2017 22:46
Tourist visa to student X type conversion
Asked by Ziya from Maldives
| Mar. 06, 2016 03:00
Do I need a tourist visa in addition to the student X type to travel in Chi...
Asked by Anni from Norway
| Jan. 11, 2018 00:02
I am going as a student for a semester but already have a Category L visa.
Asked by Leslie Wang from USA
| Jun. 13, 2017 20:32
Convert my almost expiring student visa to a tourist L type without leaving...
| Jun. 20, 2017 20:37
I didn't cancel my visa before I left China, but I need to re-enter for tou...
Asked by Dilara from Philippines
| Mar. 21, 2016 21:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)