Asked by SG from Indonesia | Jul. 05, 2017 10:02
About:China Visa

S1 residence permit extension without recommendation letter

My husband is a PhD Student in Harbin, China. And I have recently joined him with S1 visa since March 2017. Due to my husband's passport expiration, our residence permit ends in September 2017 and we are going to extend our residence permit.

When I first came here on March 2017, we both notified the university and the university gave a recommendation letter for me stating that I am a family member of my husband. This letter is to support me to fulfill my residence permit documents for the public security bureau( PSB) which then granted my current residence permit.

However, due to a sudden change in the policy of the university, currently now the university will not give anymore recommendation letters/relevant materials for handling residence permit for accompanying family members of their foreign students.

Will it still be possible for me to extend my residence permit without the supporting letters from the university? If so, What are the documents that I must prepare to extend my residence permit? please reply. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Answers (1)
Answered by Henry from Denmark | Jul. 05, 2017 21:17
SG, it's possible for you to make the extension without the supporting letters from the university. You need to prepare the relevant documents including your passport and its copy, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, medical certificate, copies of your husband's passport and Chinese residence permit, your marriage certificate.
Related Questions:
Hi S1 visa extension
Asked by Majid from Pakistan
| Sep. 11, 2018 20:29
Can I get S1 visas for my 2 daughters without the residence permit as we wa...
Asked by Robert from Russia
| Sep. 10, 2013 02:05
Extension of Visa for Children after attaining 18 Years
Asked by dinchina from China
| Jul. 22, 2016 20:18
How long does it take to convert a S1 to Residence permit?
Asked by Sachin from India
| Oct. 28, 2018 19:31
Uncooperative former employer
Asked by Tom from China
| Feb. 02, 2016 19:18
rec letter required after previous Residence Permit is canceled?
Asked by Johnny from China
| Sep. 21, 2015 02:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)