Asked by Kim from United States of America | Jul. 04, 2017 21:50
About:China Tourist Visa

Parents (and son) to visit daughter (sister) for 10 days, who is studying abroad in China - help!

We are U.S. citizens, a family of 4, 2 parents, 2 children. Our 20-year old daughter is currently in China on a student Z type, through December of this year. We (husband, wife, son) will visit her for 10 days in August, while she is in-between her summer and fall study abroad programs. We do not have official invitations, and we are not travelling with a tour group. My husband has been to China once before with our daughter in 2014, for 2 weeks. My son and I have never visited China. Our U.S. passports are all current for several more years. What type of Visa should we apply for? Is the cost of the 10-year the same as the 1 year visa, and would we be eligible for that? Do we have to go through an agency (we live in Massachusetts, and cannot travel to New York.) What documentation do we need? We will fly into Kunming, stay there for a few days, and then travel to Hangzhou for the remainder of time, and finally fly out of Shanghai.

Answers (1)
Answered by Becky from Denmark | Jul. 04, 2017 22:16
Hi, you can apply for tourist L type for that. The cost of the 10-year visa is the same as the 1-year one. You can try to apply for it as long as your passport is valid for more than one year. You should submit the application to the consulate in New York and you can find an agency to do that on your behalf.
Related Questions:
My daughter will be studying abroad in China(August-November). What kind of...
Asked by Sandra from United States
| Aug. 13, 2017 21:45
Do I need a letter of invitation?
Asked by Leanne from Australia
| Dec. 01, 2016 20:02
I am a singaporean going to Shanghai on 18/7/09 for 10 days to visit my si...
Asked by Ms.florenceK from Singapore
| Jul. 04, 2009 21:50
I wish to visit hongkong on tourist visa and visit my daughter and son in l...
Asked by Mr.Ashok Mohan from India
| Dec. 13, 2009 02:20
How do I obtain a Chinese Tourist Visa quickly if I am a student from India...
Asked by Marigold from India
| May. 30, 2012 04:56
is there is any Chinese visa office in Chennai or in Tamil nadu?
Asked by rajkumar from india
| Mar. 08, 2015 00:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)