Asked by Renee Bob from Samoa Western | Jun. 06, 2017 23:32
About:Requirements for Permanent Residence Permit

Can my baby apply for a permanent residence permit or any other type of visa?

I gave birth in Shanghai with my baby and until now me and my husband want to know if theres a possibility that our baby can get a permanent resident permit or even any kind of visa due to the fact we are going to be in china for work and me for studies until 2019. How much will it cost to apply and what documents do we need to provide please? also how many days will it take to process everything?

Answers (1)
Answered by Emmanuel from Denmark | Jun. 07, 2017 04:29
Renee, I’m afraid your baby cannot apply for permanent residence permit, but you can apply for a temporary residence permit for your baby. You need to provide the baby’s passport, your passport, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, study permit, as well as original birth certificate and its copy, and other materials the consular officers consider necessary. Afterwards, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to submit the application. It may take 2 to 3 weeks and cost CNY400. This fee is for reference only.
Related Questions:
Bring a relative (cousin) to China to take care of my baby
Asked by lucy from Philippines
| Sep. 09, 2014 22:07
Changing visa into residence permit
Asked by Braian from Brazil
| Jul. 20, 2016 21:55
which visa apply for parents
Asked by ajay he from china
| Jul. 12, 2015 22:19
Hi. I recieved a L visa that's only valid for 30days with 1 entry.
Asked by Patrick from Namibia
| Nov. 01, 2016 21:01
invitation letter sample
Asked by fida from China
| Mar. 22, 2017 03:57
Z Visa or Residence Permit
Asked by Clark from Canada
| May. 18, 2017 04:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)