Asked by FELIPEIGLESIAS | Jun. 05, 2017 04:41
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Changing residence permit type

Currently I am living in China under a residence permit (study purpose), I have already finished my studies (master degree) and I still have 3 months until the permit expires. A company wants to hire me, so I need to change my residence permit from studying to working purpose and also extends the period.
How should I proceed this?Do I need to leave China or is it possible to do inside the country?

Answers (1)
Answered by Stephen from France | Jun. 05, 2017 21:51
Hi, you cannot change the type of your residence permit in China, but you can try to convert your current student X type to a work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China. If it can be done, you don't need to leave China.
You should prepare the relevant documents including your passport and its copy, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, alien employment permit. Then, submit the application to the local PSB.
Related Questions:
Changing my x2 visa into a temporary residence permit
Asked by Laura from United Kingdom
| Mar. 23, 2015 03:13
residence permit renewal time
Asked by Eli from USA
| Aug. 02, 2018 18:59
Z Visa or Residence Permit
Asked by Clark from Canada
| May. 18, 2017 04:40
I am currently working in China (Qinhuangdao) as a college teacher, with a ...
Asked by Tom
| Oct. 13, 2011 22:13
How to change Work permit from current employer to new employer in Dongguan...
Asked by Sumit from China
| Nov. 19, 2017 21:56
Can I get into hongkong by visa on arrival through Shenzhen ??
Asked by Isha from Pakistan
| Apr. 16, 2013 04:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)