Asked by Lola from China | May. 16, 2017 13:01
About:China Work Visa

Does one have to go back home in order to apply for the work visa?

Hi everyone. I am currently a Masters student in China from a Southern African country and I managed to find a job in China. I would like to ask if either:
a) I can simply go to Hong Kong for the day (since you are required to exit and reenter China) in order to change or apply for a new visa or,
b) I have to go back home then come to China (I have been hearing this a lot of times).

Please advice for the HR department is taking time to respond to my query.

Answers (1)
Answered by Natalie from France | May. 16, 2017 20:58
a) Yes, it's possible for you to change or apply for a new work Z type for China.
b) You can try to convert your current visa to the work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within China. If it can be done, there is no need to go back to your home for that.
Related Questions:
I have one year work visa (Z) Now i come to china about 4 days so pls advis...
Asked by Mr.Naqib Ullah from Afghanistan
| Jan. 17, 2011 03:22
X1 visa number of entries
Asked by Antoinette from France
| Aug. 04, 2015 22:53
Non criminal background
Asked by Alex from Russia
| Sep. 25, 2017 21:25
I recently left my job and am looking for a new job in China. If I'm offer ...
Asked by BQ from Singapore
| Dec. 07, 2016 20:38
One month Z visa?
Asked by Dickens_Bui from Vietnam
| Nov. 20, 2014 20:27
We will go Monday to the Chicago Chinese Embassy to get a passport renewal ...
Asked by Mrs.guest from Wisconsin
| Mar. 19, 2011 02:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)