Asked by Johnny from South Korea | May. 07, 2017 16:46
About:China Visa

24 Hour TWOV

US Passport holder living in Seoul. If I fly from Seoul to Tokyo to Beijing to Hanoi to Seoul, and will only be in Beijing for under 24 hours, can I get the 24 hour TWOV? I read the 72 hour TWOV doesn't apply if you're staying under 24 hours.

I decided to book one way flights this trip, but I will bring all the printed receipts which have e-ticket numbers, flight confirmation numbers, and confirmed hotel bookings, too.

My main concern is if Seoul or Tokyo airline agents give me a hassle for trying to get thru China without a visa, and also if I get to China, I don't want to be confined to the airport because I have a hotel booking overnight.

Answers (1)
Answered by Felicity from Australia | May. 07, 2017 22:53
Johnny, you can use the 24 hour direct transit in Beijing, and just apply for a temporary stay permit at the immigration officer inside the airport, then you can leave the airport.
Related Questions:
Is there a fee for 24 hour TWOV
Asked by Raghu from USA
| Dec. 14, 2016 21:00
flying London - Guangzhou - Auckland & will be in Guangzhoufor 8 hours. Can...
Asked by danny from england
| Aug. 30, 2018 18:13
24 hour temporary stay permit
Asked by Chiba from Japan
| Aug. 02, 2018 18:49
I am a indian national plan to travel through shanghai to maxico change fli...
Asked by Jayaprakas from India
| Dec. 24, 2017 21:35
24 hour TWOV Desk
Asked by Doug from USA
| Aug. 02, 2016 22:38
Stop in kunming for 18 hours
Asked by Karen from Canada
| Sep. 16, 2018 02:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)