Asked by Chantal from South Africa | Apr. 06, 2017 06:31
About:China Visa

Can I apply for a student X type in Shanghai itself, or do i have to do it in my home country?

I currently have a close family friend staying in China with her grandmother and aunt, unfortunately her Visa expires in May this year, she is at the moment looking to study in Shanghai, she is waiting to hear from the university, if she has been accepted or not.
She is at the moment struggling to understand how the student X type works.
She wants to Know if she must physically come to South Africa to apply for her student X type, or could she apply for her student X type while she is in China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Larry from New Zealand | Apr. 06, 2017 20:45
Chantal, it is possible for her to change her current visa to student X type at the exit and entry administration of the local public security bureau after she gets the relevant documents for X type. If it can be done in China, she doesn’t need to go back to her home country for that.
Related Questions:
student visa and two entry's?
| Nov. 13, 2014 20:38
Do I need to show a air tiket to apply for the student visa(X)
Asked by Dushan from Sri Lanka
| Aug. 10, 2016 22:29
Extending X1 Visa Outside of China
Asked by Andrea from USA
| Jul. 03, 2017 22:35
Apply for a visa L to China in Tokyo
Asked by H. Jansen from Netherlands
| Apr. 07, 2016 03:58
x visa to z visa
Asked by Cindy from Philippines
| Mar. 09, 2015 02:27
Hello! I have a student visa. In case it expires when am at my home country...
Asked by Emaculate from Uganda
| Jun. 20, 2016 22:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)