Asked by Frances from Canada | Mar. 06, 2017 18:17
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

I am on a tourist visa but am working and have an apartment.

My employer has been lax in getting the work Z type paperwork started. Chances are I will need to go to Hong Kong to get my tourist L type extended because of this situation.

What should I prepared for, questions they will ask, etc. I need to be prepared and have no idea what I will face when trying to get the visa extended. Will it be difficult and I certainly don't want to lie or mislead.

Answers (1)
Answered by Stuart from United Kingdom | Mar. 06, 2017 21:55
Frances, you are not advised to do the job on a tourist L type anymore because it is illegal. Once you get caught, you will be punished and get deported. You should apply for a work Z type to work in China. You need to provide your passport and its photocopy, the application form, a passport-style photo, work permit and an invitation letter of a duly authorized unit, as well as other documents required by the consular officers.
Related Questions:
can i rent an apartment in shenzhen if i am only on a tourist visa?
Asked by Ms.Jane from Philippines
| Feb. 22, 2010 22:31
Bryant amah from changping dongguan
Asked by Bryant from Nigeria
| Mar. 06, 2013 20:14
Hi , What if i am currently renting an apartment in China , and need to...
Asked by Ms.Ary from Burundi
| Aug. 03, 2009 21:10
Renting an apartment in Shanghai with 10 year multiple-entry Tourist Visa?
Asked by Jay from United States
| Dec. 05, 2015 00:44
I am traveling to China in Aug on a tourist L visa, I will be staying in ac...
Asked by Mr.Dixon from Australia
| Jun. 12, 2010 20:26
Invitation letter for China visa application in UK
Asked by James mitchell from United Kingdom
| Jan. 17, 2013 00:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)