Asked by Julie from Canada | Jan. 15, 2017 12:03
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

How to change from Z visa to Q1 type?

I'm currently on a Z type but would like to know how to go about changing to a Q1 type.

Would I need to go to my home country (Canada) to apply for a Q1 type? What documents would I need? Could I apply within China? If I needed to apply from outside China, would it be acceptable if I did it from Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macau?

Answers (1)
Answered by Edison from Finland | Jan. 15, 2017 21:30
You can try to convert the work Z type to Q1 type within China. You need to provide your passport and its copy, the application form attached with a bareheaded color photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from the inviter and copies of her/his Chinese ID card, and your relationship certificate. Next, go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within PRC to change the Z type to Q1 type.
If you don’t have residence permit in HK or Macau, it’s not easy for you to get the Q1 type there. You cannot do it in Taiwan.
Related Questions:
Is it possible the Type of visa change while in china..?
Asked by puneeth from India
| Jan. 15, 2018 00:57
Is it possible change q1 type to business M type while staying in china ...
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Feb. 01, 2018 21:07
Hi, I'm a holder of a Q2 visa for 180days.
Asked by Gabriel from Brazil
| Nov. 23, 2016 19:59
changing working visa to Q1 type
Asked by Max from Czech
| Aug. 20, 2015 01:17
hello ,i want to change my Q1 visa .i want to study in china .i have Q1 typ...
Asked by md raihan nowab from Bangladesh
| Mar. 27, 2017 21:50
legal employment in China on a Q1 visa
Asked by Paul from USA
| Mar. 16, 2016 22:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)