Asked by Kathy from Australia | Jan. 05, 2017 23:32
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

Our cruise stops in Shanghai on a Monday, then goes to Korea on the Wednesday,

then Tianjin on the Friday, so 4 days between Chinese ports, but all on the same ship. As Australians, do we need a double visa, or is it possible to use the 15 day free policy and book a tour in Shanghai? Does this mean we have to book one in Tianjin as well? If we don't want to prebook any tours, will we need to get a double visa? Thany you, Kathy

Answers (1)
Answered by Haley from Chile | Jan. 06, 2017 00:27
Kathy, I’m afraid the 15-day free policy cannot cover your trip in Shanghai and Tianjin if you travel like that.
But when you first enter Shanghai, if your travel route is country A instead of Korea- Shanghai (3 days) –Korea, you will be eligible for the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai.
When you go to Tianjin from Korea, if you stay there for not more than 24 hours, and then fly to a third country or region rather than Korea, you will be able to enjoy the 24 hour direct transit.
In this case no visa will be needed at all.
Related Questions:
Cruise from Shanghai to Sydney Australia - will we be fine?
Asked by Robert Thomas from Canada
| Oct. 06, 2017 19:37
Visas for cruise liner passengers [Greg and Dawn - Brisbane]
Asked by Greg and Dawn from Australia
| Feb. 07, 2017 01:44
which visa for arriving in Shanghai by air from uk and embarking cruise shi...
Asked by Aurora from United Kingdom
| Aug. 16, 2017 22:15
I am going on a cruise that stops in Shanghai, then goes to Nagasaka, then ...
Asked by Mr.Brown from Canada
| Feb. 08, 2011 03:40
Flying to Shanghai and then cruising to Tokyo
Asked by Kate Mason from Spain
| Feb. 26, 2018 20:53
144 hr visa from Shanghai
Asked by Veronica from USA
| Sep. 06, 2016 21:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)