Asked by INDRA GUNAWAN from Malaysia | Oct. 27, 2016 01:50
About:Visa Policy of China

Flight Seoul-KUL with China Southern, 13 hours transit in Guangzhou - Malaysian Passport

Hello Sir/Madam,

I will fly to Korean on December 2016, flight by China Southern (CZ). For KUL-CAN-ICN, the transit time in CAN is only 4 hours.

The issue now is the return flight from Seoul, ICN-CAN-KUL, the transit time is 13 hours. I am entitled for free accommodation given by CZ, therefore i need to get out of the airport.

Do I need to apply for visa or there's an exemption for 13 hours transit in Guangzhou? If there's an exemption, where can i apply this? I am a Malaysian passport holder.

Thanks for your kind help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mac from Poland | Oct. 28, 2016 01:11
Indra, don’t worry! You will be eligible for the 24 hour direct transit at Guangzhou airport in both directions.
For your 13-hour stopover in Guangzhou when you return, you just need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration office after arriving at the airport. After, you can go out of the airport and stay at the free accommodation place.
Related Questions:
Malaysian Passport holder living in Melbourne. Do I need a transit visa in ...
Asked by Joanne
| Nov. 29, 2012 04:00
international transit in Guangzhou
Asked by Tim from Canada
| Feb. 29, 2016 21:34
I am going to fly from UK to Cambodia via Guangzhou with stopover is this o...
Asked by kevin from england
| Jan. 28, 2014 21:48
Do I need a transit G for Guangzhou?
Asked by Jane from Malaysia
| Sep. 13, 2017 20:45
Malaysia passport holder. Can I apply for 72 hour free transit?
Asked by Nih Liew from Malaysia
| Oct. 25, 2014 22:21
Need China Visa for Transit at Guangzhou ???
Asked by Henz from Indonesia
| Sep. 01, 2017 01:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)