Asked by Robert Korsiak from USA | Oct. 24, 2016 10:20
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

Getting Married in China and living in your country

To whom it may concern I have been in a relationship with a lady in China we have been together for over a year we wish to get married in China and live together in China I am an American citizen what procedures do I need to follow to live in China as I already have a "L" type visa and about how long would it take to collect the proper documentation for this to meet your countries requirements

Answers (1)
Answered by Matthew from Singapore | Oct. 25, 2016 21:07
Robert, you can enter PRC and marry her on the tourist L type. After you get married, you can try to convert the L type to a Q1 type at the exit and entry administration of the local public security bureau. It doesn’t take too much time to collect the proper documents. You need to provide those documents containing your passport and its copy, a completed application form, a bareheaded color photo, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from your wife and copy of her Chinese ID card, as well as your marriage certificate.
Related Questions:
thanks for your great and clear information regarding getting visas for tho...
Asked by Mr.nunan from australia
| Sep. 14, 2009 20:49
Getting Married in Another Country First - Documentation Queery
Asked by Esther from Australia
| Mar. 20, 2018 00:53
hi i am filipina girl..and i have a chinese boyfriend im asking that what i...
Asked by ms.T.A from Philippines
| Mar. 12, 2012 02:49
Different Nationality marriage registration in china.
Asked by Rahi from India
| Feb. 14, 2012 20:24
I am a female (rat) born September 02, 1984 and my husband male (horse) bor...
Asked by Maria Victoria santiago from Philippines
| Mar. 01, 2015 02:54
I am Alejandro student visa that expired january 31st.
Asked by alejandro de spain from Spain
| Jan. 08, 2015 01:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)