Asked by Huy Q Pham from Vietnam | Oct. 06, 2016 10:05
About:China Visa

What kind of Visa do I need to apply to go to Hong Kong for a conference?

Hi there!
I am Vietnamese, but I am currently student in Canada. I would like to go to Hong Kong for a conference in Dec 2016. Do I need to apply for Hong Kong entry permit(if there is such type of entry permit) or Mainland China entry permit or any thing?
What is the website for application?
From Canada, I might take the flight drictly to Hong Kong or to VietNam and the to Hong Kong. Are there any difference?

Answers (1)
Answered by Les from Netherlands | Oct. 11, 2016 01:28
Huy, you can apply for a HK tourist visa for the conference. You should apply for it at the embassy of Canada, or post your application to HK immigration department directly to apply for the visa. You can find the relevant information at the official website of HK immigration department.
You can fly to HK directly or fly to Vietnam first and then fly to HK. There is no difference.
Related Questions:
I have to attend a conference in Hong Kong what kind of visa I need to appl...
Asked by Najhusain from Pakistan
| Dec. 02, 2014 19:50
I'm a French national going to Shanghai for a business conference, what kin...
Asked by Philippe from France
| May. 31, 2014 01:29
Hi I'm Imelda from dubai. I'm a filipina and planning to go to Macau or HK....
Asked by Imelda from Philippines
| Feb. 27, 2015 01:14
As a Burmese citizen working in Thailand what kind of documents do i need t...
Asked by Moonsoon from Thailand
| Oct. 15, 2017 21:02
Just to confirm, I will travelling to Hong Kong for Conference in Dec 2009?...
Asked by Mrs.Norhayati from Malaysia
| Oct. 12, 2009 04:23
Hong Kong Visa from Qingdao
Asked by Asif from Pakistan
| Jul. 09, 2014 04:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)