Asked by Jane Lee from United Kingdom | Sep. 28, 2016 07:41
About:China Visa Exemption

Do we need a visa for Sanya if we are on a cruise stop off for a day?

Hello. We are 2 british citizens who are boarding a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in Hong Kong (after a 2 night stay) on 10th October. We are cruising to Sanya in China (Hainan province) and we will be there for one day before setting sail for Vietnam and then Singapore. Do we need to apply for an entry permit for Sanya, as I am reading conflicting information? We haven't decided whether to book an organised excursion arranged by the ship or explore Sanya under our own steam. Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruno from Belgium | Sep. 28, 2016 22:09
In principle, you are eligible for the 24 hour direct transit in Sanya and then no entry permit is required. However, you are advised to confirm that with the cruise company because you will enter and leave by the same cruise ship.
Related Questions:
Hi we are cruising from hong kong to singapore but do stop at sanya port.
Asked by katia from Australia
| May. 10, 2016 04:59
Hi Query regarding a Visa
Asked by Richard Penney from UK
| Aug. 06, 2016 04:02
Requirement for Visa while on a cruise ship
Asked by John P from Australia
| Sep. 22, 2012 04:17
do I need a visa for a cruise?
Asked by Saiyon from Thailand
| Dec. 09, 2011 03:39
6-hour stop-over on cruise
Asked by Greg from U.S.
| Jul. 16, 2014 21:02
Visa for 7 hour cruise ship visit Port of Xiamen
Asked by Roger Grant from Australia
| Dec. 06, 2013 01:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)