Asked by Mark Lindberg from United Kingdom | Aug. 24, 2016 04:37
About:China Tourist Visa

Do I need to register when in China on an L-type tourist visa?

I arrived in China in early July 2016 and have been travelling since, staying at hotels and with friends. I have not registered myself as I have been moving between cities.

I am unsure if I was supposed to.

I am planning to leave China to travel to Indonesia through Hongkong on Sunday (28 Aug 2016) and am worried that as I have not registered I will come into some problems. I am holding a UK passport.

Is there something to worry about? If so, what should I do? I cannot miss this flight.

Answers (2)
Answered by Gary from Canada | Aug. 24, 2016 04:55
Mark, in principle, you need to register at the police station within 24 hours after your arrival. However, as you mentioned that you stayed in a hotel, it was very likely that the hotel did it for you. Anyway, even you did not register, you won't encounter problems when taking the exiting plane. The immigration won't check it.
Answered by ML from United Kingdom | Aug. 24, 2016 05:25
Gary from Canada, that is music to my ears. Thanks so much!
Related Questions:
Asked by Lea from Denmark
| Mar. 09, 2013 03:28
Multi-entry 12 month visa Tourist Visa
Asked by Tia from Australia
| Apr. 15, 2016 04:03
If I am only planning to zip out of the airport for breakfast and take an a...
Asked by le from usa
| Oct. 11, 2013 02:59
Do I need to register with the local authority (eg. Police) within 24hrs af...
Asked by Mr.Andy from Singapore
| Oct. 03, 2010 22:33
If I go to China with Tourist visa for 2 months to visit a friend(she sent ...
Asked by SAM from Spain
| Mar. 23, 2017 21:43
From tourist visa to resident permit
Asked by Marie from USA
| Jan. 02, 2017 03:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)