Asked by Amber from United Kingdom | Aug. 23, 2016 08:22
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Travelling into Shanghai with a cruise line

Hi there,
Can I use the 144 hour transit visa as I am traveling into Shanghai for less than 24 hours (6am to 6pm) with a cruise ship. The cruise ship will dock at the Shanghai international cruise terminal.

I am holding a British passport, and am holding a seat and ticket on the Celebrity cruise ship to travel onwards from Shanghai.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tina from UK | Aug. 23, 2016 16:30
I am a UK citizen and sailing on the Millenium which leaves Tokyo on 16 October and calls in to Shanghai before leaving for Okinawa - possibly the same cruise you are taking. I have spoken to Celebrity and received an email from them confirming that the free transit does appply to this cruise. It has taken a great many calls to get this response, but pressure from people like me seems to have had an effect. Celebrity clearly do not want to risk having a large number of unhappy passengers who have paid a lot of money for an entry permit they do not need.
Related Questions:
One day visa.
Asked by Amber from UK
| Aug. 21, 2016 22:08
How to get from International cruise terminal to the Bund, Shanghai?
Asked by Kathy Manuel from United States
| Feb. 25, 2016 00:36
Any taxi waiting (stand by) in the Wusongkou Int'l cruise terminal ?
Asked by May Lo from Canada
| Sep. 25, 2017 02:27
What are the train stops from Shenzhen to Shanghai?
Asked by Zoe from Hong Kong
| Jul. 13, 2011 03:29
I am travelling from Shanghai to Beijing incl a Yangtze cruise end of Oct ...
Asked by J Palmer from United Kingdom
| Aug. 17, 2014 21:25
Do I need a visa in transit?
Asked by Catherine Humphreys from United Kingdom
| Jan. 16, 2015 01:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)