Asked by Kawishka from Sri Lanka | Aug. 19, 2016 06:35
About:China Embassy in Sri Lanka

I'm going to marry Chinese lady, can I get Q visa to China ?

Sir ,
I'm srilankan man but I have no visit China before ,my girlfriend is native Chinese lady, we are going to marry very near future , she has come to Sri lanka several times , so I want to know after I marry her ,can I get Q type stay long in China and same time can work in China ? What are the document need to take Q type? If I need bank statements , how much should be in that account?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tony from Austria | Aug. 19, 2016 22:25
After you get married, you can apply for a Q visa to enter PRC, but you are allowed to work there on a Q type. You need to apply for a work Z type if you want to work there.
The required documents for Q type include your passport and copy of its data page, the completed application form affixed with a passport-style photo, an invitation letter from your and copy of her Chinese ID card, and your marriage certificate.
Usually, the bank statement is not needed for Q type application.
Related Questions:
I am Pakistani, want to marry a chinese lady in china, where I can get the ...
Asked by Asif from Pakistan
| Dec. 08, 2015 21:25
Which Visa should I apply for?
Asked by Ber from Netherlands
| Jun. 01, 2015 20:58
Where do I obtain a certificate stating I am free to marry?
Asked by Paul from Australia
| Dec. 30, 2013 01:24
iam an indian but i marry a chinese lady ,now iam in china,can i get a chin...
Ms.ANEES from China
| Jan. 22, 2010 01:44
How do I get permanent residence visa?
Asked by Murray McLeod from New Zealand
| Jun. 17, 2013 04:21
can I renew spouse visa by going to Hong Kong, and can I work in China.
Asked by Wayne from Ireland
| Aug. 24, 2017 01:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)