Asked by Dan Rishi from Nigeria | Aug. 08, 2016 00:35
About:Top 8 Reasons Why Your China Visa Gets Rejected

Changed job to a different city but still using work and residence permits from old city

I was previous working in Tianjin but found a new job and moved to Beijing though still living in Tianjin. I was issued a release letter from my previous employee. However, I have worked for almost 2 months with the new company still using my work and residence permits issued at Tianjin. I am now going to apply for the transfer of my work and residence permits to Beijing. Would there be any sanctions? Considering the fact that I have worked for 2 months without applying for the transfer? Also, I still live in Tianjin and might move to Beijing later on. Can I apply for residence permit in Beijing using my rent contract from Tianjin?

Answers (1)
Answered by Blair from Colombia | Aug. 08, 2016 22:02
Dan, usually, when you change the job, you need to cancel your previous work permit and then apply for a new work permit. After, you need to re-settle your residence permit. But you have used your previous work permit to work for 2 months in the new company, I’m not sure if you can still deal with the relevant procedures. You are advised to inquire about this problem at the exit and entry administration and see what you should do next.
Related Questions:
how can I extend my residency permit without a job?
Asked by Evans from China
| Aug. 20, 2018 01:01
How long does it take to receive the tickets at home in an address in China...
Asked by karla from mexico
| Feb. 01, 2018 02:25
Is there two separate towns, Old Lijiang City and a separate Lijiang or is ...
Asked by Janet Hillebrand from USA
| Oct. 17, 2012 01:21
Hello. If I understood correctly, there are two TV towers - old and new, an...
Asked by Ms.El from Russia
| May. 04, 2011 23:16
How to get to Shangli old town from Ya'an city center?
Asked by simon from Malaysia
| Jun. 11, 2015 21:42
I am working in China. Can my wife apply for Residence Permit if she entere...
Asked by JC from Philippines
| Sep. 04, 2014 20:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)