Asked by Caroline from Taiwan | Jul. 13, 2016 02:31
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit


Im not really sure how the 144h free transit works.
I was supposed to fly from Taiwan to Shanghai, stay there 150h and then fly from Shanghai to Poland.
I noticed however that applying for a Chinese visa in Taiwan would be very costly for me, anyway I dont want to go back to Poland anymore.
I was planning on cancelling my plane back to Poland and instead booking another flight to Hong Kong so that I would not exceed the 144h.
Does it however classify as a transit flight? I would probably fly with the same airline but obviously not on the same ship. Does it have to be written that it is a transit flight or do I just have to show that I have another ticket to a third country?

Answers (1)
Answered by Dora from Poland | Jul. 13, 2016 21:35
Caroline, if you travel like this: TAIWAN-SHANGHAI-HONG KONG and stay in Shanghai for less than 144 hours, you can enjoy the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai. You can just provide the Taiwan-Shanghai and Shanghai-Hong Kong air tickets and don’t need to show you have another ticket to a third country.
Related Questions:
i want to know the cost and requirements of travelling from ghana to hongko...
Asked by Charles Owusu from Ghana
| Sep. 08, 2013 04:38
where is the university of hong kong?
Asked by STEVE from new york
| May. 25, 2013 20:19
I have a valid chinese visa, can I go to HK with it ? I am Saudanese Nation...
Asked by Mohammad Al SAmmani from Sudan
| Jan. 18, 2015 21:04
what are the documents that needs to apply hong kong visit visa for Lebanes...
Asked by Nang Mon from Oman
| Mar. 13, 2013 03:02
I'm travelling to hong kong from 5 to 9 March. could you tell me what will ...
Asked by Denise from Singapore
| Feb. 25, 2014 20:46
Any requirments to avail a free shuttle bus going to hong kong dorsett mong...
Asked by Cyrus lanuza from Philippines
| Jul. 29, 2014 22:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)